Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i download itunes to my chromebook?

im trying to put my itunes songs and my ipod nano

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 5:52 PM

30 replies

Jun 10, 2017 10:08 PM in response to lolotoy9687

It's always a good idea to take a little bit of time to at least glance at the posts in a thread that you have been directed to via a Google search, before you ask a question that has been answered multiple times within that thread.

iTunes will not run on a Chromebook because a Chromebook is not a Windows or a Mac machine. iTunes only runs on Windows or Mac computers or laptops.

GB

Jun 29, 2017 3:49 PM in response to PrincessJKT

PrincessJKT wrote:

please share with me your ways CosmosSufer.

They don't have an answer. They suggested loading a Linux distro on your Chromebook, the directions for which are outside the scope of this forum. But, even if you did that, you still couldn't download iTunes because there is no iTunes for Linux.

You cannot do what you want.

Jun 29, 2017 4:40 PM in response to PrincessJKT

OK, here's how to do it. Install Linux on your Chromebook instead of Chrome OS. Then buy a Linux compatible version of VMware Server (it isn't cheap, however). Then buy a copy of Windows 7 or later, and install it as a VMware client operating system. As an alternative, you can use Xen instead of VMware, as it's open source and thus free (but has no support). But you still need to buy Windows. Probably the cheapest and easiest was is to simply buy a cheap Windows laptop.

Mar 1, 2014 6:04 AM in response to lavenderladi

iTunes requires Microsoft Windows or Mac OS X as an operating system for installation.

From my experience, a Chromebook is simply a Web-based browser desktop experience?

Windows System Requirements

• PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor and 512MB of RAM
  • Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, 32-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
  • 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 require the iTunes 64-bit installer
  • 400MB of available disk space
  • Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store

Macintosh System Requirements

• Mac computer with an Intel Core processor
  • OS X version 10.6.8 or later
  • 400MB of available disk space
  • Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store

Jul 30, 2014 11:35 AM in response to lavenderladi

"requires a real computer" ahah...listen to this joker.

If you want the Chromebook to remain a 'Google Chromebook' than the answer is no, unfortunately. You're at the mercy of what you can utilize in the Chrome web app. store..however, Chromebooks with developer mode enabled make, in my opinion, the perfect little cheap machine to run your favorite distro of linux (Kubuntu for me). And it's literally a few key presses in the terminal and voila, you've got a linux box capable of running everything and anything. You don't even have to choose Chromebook or Linux either, you can very easily have them installed and capable of running concurrently, in a matter of a few keystrokes.

how can i download itunes to my chromebook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.