Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stuck in white wheel screen after trying to erase- please help

I'm freaking out and panicing and not sure what to do.

So, this is kinda complicated:

I made the mistake of letting a friend jailbreak my phone a few days ago, and because it was no longer under warrenty, I figured, 'Why not?'.

Everything was going smoothly until today, when I forgot my Restrictions passcode. I was ready to just go ahead and get rid of this jailbreak, so I tried to restore it on iTunes but it was not possible due to the forgotten passcode. I did a quick google search and after scanning the pages I went on to iCloud and hit 'Erase'.

Big mistake.

Apparently, once jailbroken, you shouldn't do that except through iTunes, which was not an option.

So anyway, now my phone is just stuck in the 'white wheel of death' screen, and restarting it does not help.

I've tried to restore it after putting it in DFU and Recovery mode with my 7.04 ipsw I already had on my computer, and shortly after the software is extracted, it gives me a this device isn't eligible for the requested build error.

I did some searches on this and after resetting my hosts file and then retrying, as well as attempting this on a different computer, I have had no luck.

So now my iPhone is just sitting here, spinning away.

The closest Apple store is and hour away and if you aren't able to give me any suggestions, I alteast wanted to know if it would be worth my time, considering it is jailbroken and out of warrenty. Surely they can just do some sort of hard reset or something. I'm not sure. I'm willing to pay for them to fix it, considering my upgrade isn't until this November. Please help me out by giving my your suggestions and letting me know if I should take it to the store or not, or if there are any other stores that would possibly be of help. Thank you.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4, looped, stuck in reboot process, ne

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 7:20 PM

2 replies

Mar 23, 2014 12:56 PM in response to braedonfavilla

I have this exact same problem...my phone was jailbroken and it went into a black screen and my lock button is broken so i couldnt just reset it so i went into my itunes and was just going to restore my phone to factory settings but it told me i had to turn off "find my iphone" first...since i couldnt get into my phone to do that i just erased my phone from find my iphone from my computer....now its been over an hour and my phone is stuck on a black screen with the white wheel spinnig and i have no idea what to do...what did you end up doing to yours??? please help im freaking out!

iPhone stuck in white wheel screen after trying to erase- please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.