Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Car Deck that mirrors Apple Maps iPhone

I'm looking for a car deck that will mirror the screen on my iPhone, specifically so I can use my iPhones Apple Maps for navigation. Anyone know of a car deck that can use your iPhone 5 native maps to navigate on your car deck screen?

Thank you!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 7:50 PM

5 replies

May 27, 2014 11:32 PM in response to incredibles11

Little Late

but check out the new Decks by Pioneer, Clarion, Alphine, Kenwood that have an IE: App2Radio-pioneer.

I had last years deck which used 'Waze' effectively Google Maps, with live traffic, hazard that was comunity (Swarm Based). It was actually more effective then other GPS apps i've used.

Integration is really nice. All the newer 2014 decks provide this feature for the most part. And the processors are faster.

if i did it again, i'd get the newer Pioneer deck that came out for 2014, or Clarion.

May 28, 2014 6:09 AM in response to incredibles11

Hey Everyone

CarPlay as of now is only offered in new (luxury cars). I was looking for something after market which I found. Like what namesareworthless mentioned. I ended up purchasing the Kenwood DDX7701HD and it's fantastic. Mirrors my phone through HDMI so I have maps projected on my screen. Great iPod integration. In fact when compared to CarPlay I like the user interface better on the Kenwood. I've also heard that Pioneers and Kenwood's will get a CarPlay update in 2015 but that's just a rumor. Here is a link to the Kenwood model I purchased:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-B5qZFfI9M3u/p_113DDX7701/Kenwood-DDX7701HD.html

Car Deck that mirrors Apple Maps iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.