Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

installed mav 10.9.2 now getting dropouts in garageband. What's going on???

My Mac Mini updated itself to Mavericks 10.9.2 now recording drops out in GB after 10 bars or so. I'm using the internal sound.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Using the internal inputs,

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 8:34 PM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2014 8:45 PM in response to ThunderRoar

Thanks sberman! The GB version is 10.0.1. Is there a way to request a GB data file update? There weren't any requests denied during the update.

Last night ran activity monitor, disn't see anything that seemed to be gobbling resources, went back to GB recorded a track with no issues. Had a friend over tonight, got 10 bars into a song, recording 2 tracks and had the dropout. Restarted, re-recorded 2 tracks go to 20 bars or so and dropout.

Have the bit depth at 24 and have the rate at 48 I'm pretty sure. I don't think internal (line in) samples any quicker.

I'm an Apple newbie and certainly did not expect this! I had buffer size control with WIN XP and with little tweaking would only get a dropout if a disk scan or virus scan decided to steal rescources.

Is there a way to try a different buffer size?

installed mav 10.9.2 now getting dropouts in garageband. What's going on???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.