Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 8.1 Screen Glitch/Flicker When Downloading

After a long, long time spent figuring out how to successfully install Windows 8.1 on my macbook retina, I'm still encountering problems post installation...

Whenever Windows has to download anything, the screen gets really buggy. When I download large files, or my internet is much slower than usual, my computer screen starts to spaz out. The entire screen doesn't freak out but it does in sections, not really sure how to describe it except that I can still see everything going on just there is glitching everywhere.

This problem is not seen on my TV when I mirror the screen through my HDMI cable, but still persists on the actual laptop screen.

Also, when I load youtube videos completely then turn WiFi off the problem immediately goes away. I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is going on and I've been searching up and down forums looking for someone with a similar problem.

I'm not really sure if I need to download certain missing files for bootcamp or what at this point...

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 8

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 11:48 PM

5 replies

Mar 2, 2014 1:57 AM in response to djc2938

If you

can watch the same videos on OSX with no issue

have already "clean" reinstalled Windows (not repair, but a true delete boot camp partition and restart)

have already installed the latest Nvidia drivers directly from their support site (I'm assuming you have the GT 650m?)

then I am at a loss. My last suggestion is to download the latest Adobe flash and restart the machine and test again.

It does seem like a Windows specific issue but you would think a LOT more people would be seeing this issue. I have 8.1 installed on both 2012 and 2013 rMBP and definitely do not have this issue.

Windows 8.1 Screen Glitch/Flicker When Downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.