Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting of referenced network files

The menu option Delete Original Image and All Versions doesn't delete the originals on my NAS. I did empty the trash thereafter.

It's a big omission because all management of the files should be done via Aperture otherwise it's too much of a hassle.

Any solutions for this or is it just an Aperture bug/feature?

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 1:14 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2014 2:12 AM in response to Roland-nl

The menu option Delete Original Image and All Versions doesn't delete the originals on my NAS. I did empty the trash thereafter.

This option works well for me.

Did you remember to enable the option"Move referenced files to the System Trash" when you emptied the Trash?

User uploaded file

If use this options, and the referenced files still not be moved to the Trash, it may be the problem, that your drive does not support this feature.

Apple recommends to use directly connected drives with Aperture, and it is not clear, if referenced images on a NAS are supported at all (Use locally mounted Mac OS X Extended volumes for your Aperture library).

Mar 2, 2014 12:44 AM in response to Roland-nl

Hello Léonie, I got an error with that option enabled so I disabled it.

By disabling that option you told Aperture to keep the referenced originals in place, when you delete the versions.

I cannot tell from your answer what error you got, but the file system on your NAS may be preventing Aperture from doing the file management correctly.

As a test: Relocate the originals to the internal drive before deleting them from the library. Can Aperture move the files back, without leaving the originals behind?

Well, goodbye to Aperture then and back to Bridge.

Or use a drive with a filesystem compatible with Aperture.

Deleting of referenced network files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.