Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete all old e-mail files .emlx off of my mac

I ran ClamXav and it found an e-mail with phishing on my computer. I deleted it and noticed there are a large number of .emlx files stored on my computer. I believe they are all old e-mail files. How do I finally and permanently delete these files off of my computer. I would like to know how to do it all at once without having to spend hours deleting all of the individual files. Please and thank you.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Happened after I upgraded to Maveri

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 1:06 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2014 3:03 AM in response to tiggerkenwood

Please visit the ClamXav Forum where you will find detailed instructions on e-mail, phishing, etc. If you don't find an answer right away post which version of ClamXav you are using, whether it came from the AppStore or web site as well as what e-mail service providers you use.

DO NOT use either ClamXav or the Finder to delete e-mail messages as that will corrupt the mailbox index, and probably cause issues in the future. Do not delete anything identified as "Heuristics.Phishing" without reading it first as it could be important infromation from a financial institution.

How do I delete all old e-mail files .emlx off of my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.