Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Settings for my POP account recently changed, now email will not work on my MacBook Pro

Hi,

Would appreciate any help available. I recently had my website re-designed so my POP email account settings changed. Email was working fine for more than a year, but with change of settings I managed to get email working for 1 week, and yesterday all went wrong.

I am fed up with spending hours on the telephone to Apple Support, the last call took 3 hours. Went back to my provider and they suggested deleting all the test emails I had tried with Apple Support, from the outbox as my mac was remembering that the messages wouldn't send. Did this and it worked, and I was delighted to be up a running. But email went again yesterday, and this is not working, and I am not receiving email, and cannot send emails. I have a case number, but cannot talk to Apple representative until Monday, and cannot face hours more on the telephone re-explaining it all.

My settings are correct, and no matter what I try, it will not work.

SSL keeps re-checking itself, and I definately do NOT require SSL.

Ports seem to be an issue. I require port 25. Suggestions on another thread said to try putting port 25 into the custom port space, and this will let SSL stay unchecked.

I am beginning to regret buying my mac, as I am fed up with the hours of time wasted.

It took hours and hours to configure email account when I originally purchased my mac.

Any tips would be great, thanks in advance.

Anne

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Operating system is OS X 10.9.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 1:19 AM

1 reply

Settings for my POP account recently changed, now email will not work on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.