Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading to 10.9.2: Advice needed

Hi All

I have a mid 2013 13-inch Air with the following specifications:

i7, 8GB, Currently running OS X 10.8.4 currently running en0 firmware version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (6.30.223.74.22)

I have refrained till now from upgrading as I have so far have seen reviews of intermittent internet and unpredictable pings which I think I am not affected with.

--- google.com ping statistics ---

107 packets transmitted, 107 packets received, 0.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 47.750/55.161/173.652/18.874 ms

Kaushiks-MacBook-Air:~ kaushikray$

I have seen the other topic in this forum for the past couple of days saying that after upgrading to 10.9.2 people do not have seen the crazy WiFi experience.

Can you suggest whether it is worth going ahead and doing the upgrade and seeing if there are issues or wait a while more?

How easy or hard is it to revert back to my current setup ( I am new to Mac, so sorry if this is a very trivial thing) in case there are any issues with the upgrade.

Would be grateful to have some thought, views and advice on this.

Many Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 1:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 3:55 AM

i am working on 10.9.2, no issue so far, its working like charm with new features like audio call option in face time..but have a back up before doing it upgrade just in case.

4 replies

Upgrading to 10.9.2: Advice needed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.