Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The 'last played' function doesn't update

When I play a song on iTunes it's information (number of plays, date and time of its last play, etc) update as they are supposed to. However this doesn't happen when I play a song on my iPod Touch (even though it used to). I don't have the cross-fade function turned on. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with a newer version of iTunes that I may have updated, although I cannot say which if in fact this is the case since this isn't an issue that I noticed straight away.
It's only a small problem I know, but I enjoy listening to playlists where the number of plays and how recently I've listened to songs (say within the past 4 days) are the important factors, and for the moment I cannot do so. So i would appreciate any help that anyone might be willing to give regarding this. Cheers

iPod touch

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 6:17 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2014 10:58 AM in response to Downsy11

Two things:

1. The song has to be played until the track finishes. If you move to the next song, with one second remaining on the current one, the Play Count will not be updated.
  2. For plays on an iPod to be added to the Play Count in your iTunes Library, the iPod has to Sync with iTunes. Manaually Managing will not update the Play Count.

The 'last played' function doesn't update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.