Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I assign the spacebar to start track playback for Live show?

I am having trouble with one thing in Mainstage 3. I simply want to have the spacebar start and stop the tracks for a given song within a concert. Right now the up and down arrows allow me to scroll through the songs but I need to click on the play button to make the song actually play. If the pointer of the mouse happens to not be on the button then the obviously the tracks do not start when I clcik. In that stuation I have to take and extra second to move the mouse back over the play/stop button and then click. This looks very unnatural during a live show.

So how can i assign the spacebar to be my play or play/stop control?

Thanks

Stan

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 12:51 AM

Hi

By default, in MS3 the Spacebar starts and stops the internal clock.

You have a few choices:

a) Set all your Playback plugs to Start with Play Action via the gear menu in the plugin GUI. The Playbacks will then start when you press the SpaceBar. (Note that starting/stopping the internal clock resets the audio engine, so you may have some glitches when you start it again).

b) Set the Playbacks to start automatically on Patch/Set change. They will then start when you select the Patch/Set: no need for the SpaceBar.

c) Use a MIDI Contoller message mapped to the Play button within the Playbacks (either using a Screen Control or the Assignments and Mappings pane. Press the button on your MIDI controller and teh Playback starts.

CCT

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2014 12:51 AM in response to Stan Denis

Hi

By default, in MS3 the Spacebar starts and stops the internal clock.

You have a few choices:

a) Set all your Playback plugs to Start with Play Action via the gear menu in the plugin GUI. The Playbacks will then start when you press the SpaceBar. (Note that starting/stopping the internal clock resets the audio engine, so you may have some glitches when you start it again).

b) Set the Playbacks to start automatically on Patch/Set change. They will then start when you select the Patch/Set: no need for the SpaceBar.

c) Use a MIDI Contoller message mapped to the Play button within the Playbacks (either using a Screen Control or the Assignments and Mappings pane. Press the button on your MIDI controller and teh Playback starts.

CCT

How can I assign the spacebar to start track playback for Live show?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.