Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i choose not to display battery and time while watching a film?

It seems that on my iPhone i can watch a film and the time, battery, wifi etc. Disappear, but on my iPad they stay and it's quite distracting, how do i fix this?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2017 11:42 PM

I am also looking for a similar thing, if i need to view a website (web presentation) absolutely full screen, how do i get rid of the top bar with WiFi sign, time and battery? is there a way to hide this? please let me know if any of you know a way.

Thank you.

10 replies

Mar 1, 2014 6:53 AM in response to AstroNinjaBen

That should only happen when you tap on the screen to get to the controls for scrubbing and Blume. Otherwise you should not see those icons. I don't see them on my iPad when watching a movie.

Close the videos app and reset your iPad and see of that fixes it.

To close an app, drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Mar 4, 2014 1:41 PM in response to AstroNinjaBen

User uploaded file

Is this what you are constantly seeing? The grey bars at the top and the bottom with the controls?

BTW, I see autocorrect turned "volume" into "Blume" in my response to you, but I guess you figured it out.

I just don't understand why you are even seeing the battery icon. It doesn't make sense. Do you see it in portrait and in landscape and I just now though of this .... Are you seeing this behavior in the built in Videos App or some third party app? Do you see it while streaming a video or with downloaded videos ...or both?

But like I said, you shouldn't see it anywhere at all.

Mar 4, 2014 3:06 PM in response to AstroNinjaBen

Other than backing up, restoring the iOS software and then restoring the backup to the iPad (which might be worth a try), you could reset all settings. You wont lose any data, but this returns the iPad to out of the box condition with regard to all of the settings and you will have to enter them all again.

Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings.

Mar 14, 2014 1:38 PM in response to AstroNinjaBen

Same thing is happening to me but its happening when I play fruit ninja or angry birds.. I thought it was because of the new 7.1 update.. But maybe not. I called apple and was on phone for 2 hours... we did everything possible. System restore and everything. It didnt work. I have 2 ipads and only updated one and the one that didnt get updated isnt doing this so I thought it was because of update.

How do i choose not to display battery and time while watching a film?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.