Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When does pages get smart art? Discouragement and Disappointment Thread

Recently I had to acquire the Microsoft Office because iWork and especially pages does not offer Smart-art. I love working with iWork and in my opinion the UI is way better than the Microsoft Office.

But, being a poor student I had to pay a whopping 139 euros for Microsoft Office package and which I am only going to use the word part (lets face it, who uses outlook lol). I think it is absolutely ridiculous that Pages doesn't offer Smart-art.

Before buying Word, I went by the Apple Store Amsterdam to ask for a app recommendation (which app I should download for pages to expand templates and charts). Trying to ask a blue shirt but everyone is busy and so I decided to wait and observe. I noticed that only a few blue shirts were working, actually assisting costumers. The rest were socializing with each other and often with the backs against the costumers and when a costumer asks a question, the costumer is frowned upon for disrupting the -essential and very much needed but also necesary future space exploration on other planets- conversation.

After a -national geographic observation- I spotted a blue shirt alone leaning against the wall and when she noticed I wanted to ask her something she immediately stood up. -felt like a general-

Greeted, and I asked my question: I'm having trouble creating organizational charts, hierarchal lines etc.. and it takes allot of time, I wondered if pages has a similar program like Smart-Art, so I browsed and I noticed hundreds upon hundreds of downloadable programs, I want to ask you which program do you recommend?

The blue shirt told me I should use Numbers and to her I replied: Yes, but the whole reason behind my decision to download a program is to assist me in creating these things that take allot of time, time that could have spent on typing or doing other things.She replied: you should sign in for the workshop. I asked if she has iWork and of course she does. Never mind.... I am dissapointed in the service and it was not what I expected from Apple.

I remember a time when Apple blue shirts did their utmost best to help and assist you in anyway and their care made sure that you could trust Apple. But, now they are either too busy or they cannot help you and refer you to their site's forum. Make an appointment and during your appointment you should make another appointment because the blue shirt helping you cant assist you and your problem belongs to another "department" annnnnnnd two weeks fly by for a basic hardware issue that can be solved within 10 minutes with a screwdriver. Their are a few bad Apples but unfortunately they overshadow the good ones in the Store.

But yes, I'm a student who thinks twice about expenditure and recently had to buy a €139 software, disappointed, I shed tears whenever I use her smart-art to only copy-past into Pages. The only thing missing is a electrical shock strapped around my neck when ever I do this, reflecting the punishment I must suffer to open Word and Pages next to each other ....

..I don't want my money back, I want to share my experience, a simple action reaction that has lead me to purchase a competing product, all avoidable, had the service been just right..

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 7:50 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2014 5:25 PM in response to S.Lavasani

As a student do you do your homework and look past just the immediate "solution"?

There is a wide range of choice available on the Mac not just Pages, which could easily have done what you want with the free ArtText 2 as Peggy suggested.

LibreOffice is free for a start and there are many other free or cheaper alternatives than MsOffice.

Peter

btw Pages can do organisational charts, not as well as Word but it exists.

Select 2 objects (eg Textboxes) > Insert > Lines > choose from various connecting lines

When does pages get smart art? Discouragement and Disappointment Thread

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.