Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac Pro: What are You using to connect your eSATA external drives to you nMacPro?

Hi,

I have some eSATA external HDs that I would like to use with my 2013 New Mac Pro.

I was just wondering what other have been using to connect their nMPs to eSATA devices and how well it has worked. I have seen a USB3 to eSATA cable from NewEgg.... which seems like a good idea ... if it will work.

Thanks!

Mac Pro, 2013 MacPro quad ccore 3.7GHz, 16GB

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 9:04 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2014 1:24 PM in response to hassiman

LaCie TB HUB has two TB ports which is good for daisy chain. Has two esata ports also. I connect a Voyager bought from OWC to one sata port and that's where my bare 2.5 and 3.5 hard drives reside when I need them. The other sta port has a Pioneer 207 blu ray drive. When I sleep my 2013 Mac Pro I turn off the power to the Voyager and the Pioneer. All work flawlessly.

New Mac Pro: What are You using to connect your eSATA external drives to you nMacPro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.