Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay won't change to mirror iMac from Extend Desktop

When I turn on Airplay I only get audio. Black screen. Airplay drop down menu shows extend desktop and won't change to mirror iMac. I have restarted, verified/repaired permissions, checked for updates and reconnected everything. Help! How can I get AirPlay to change back to mirror iMac?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 8:35 AM

88 replies

Mar 2, 2014 7:41 PM in response to tezzer6

FIXED!!!!!

I tried several solutions, but only got mirror iMac back after doing the following:

1. Download and run uninstall for Air-Parrot http://support.airsquirrels.com/article.php?id=8

2. Manually deleted the following files:

APExtFramebuffer located at:System/Library/Extensions

AirParrotDriver located at:System/Library/Extensions AND /Library/Extensions

3. Restart

I had two AirParrotDriver files. I missed one the first time and it didn't work. Then when I did a search and found the second and deleted it...Presto!!

Hope this helps!

Mar 6, 2014 7:09 PM in response to tezzer6

I am having the same issue. I try clicking on "Mirror iMac" from the Airplay menu but nothing happens. I tried restarting my router, restarting the computer... no luck. Also, I have never had the AirParrot software that people have mentioned on my machine ever. I'm using late 2011 27" iMac, apple TV (2nd gen) and OSx 10.9.2. Any ideas?

User uploaded file

Apr 5, 2014 9:48 AM in response to Siberiankj

Same issue - unable to select Mirror iMac. Stuck on black screen on Extend Desktop. I can Airplay movies through iTunes.

Odd though, We have 2 identical iMacs in the house. Both 10.9.2. I removed AirParrot as described from mine, the other never had it. The other iMac can select Mirror iMac. So that rules out the router and the Apple TV itself as a source problem.

Airplay won't change to mirror iMac from Extend Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.