Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPAD2 has now a little box around everything I tap. I have tried to reset it .It is not working the same thing occurs. I have it plugged inTo my MAC OSX and trying to back up but i am told i need to use passcode. Well I cannot get into my IPAD now.

My IPAD has a little box around everything I tap. I have tried to reset the IPAD 2 but to no avail. Now I am locked out and cannot put my passcode into the Ipad2 so I cannot back up the IPAD 2 when plugged in. It is charged ..I was reading a Foot Smart email when this occured. Help

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Want to delete the folder won't del

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 9:16 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2014 11:04 AM in response to annfromor

Sounds like you have VoiceOver (one of the accessibility features) 'on'. Try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off, and if it does you can then change what a triple-click does via Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut (or Triple-Click Home depending upon the iOS version).

If that doesn't turn it off then you can either turn it off directly on the iPad (you need to use a tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling) to go into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off', or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes (after typing in your passcode via the tap/double-tap process) : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4064

My IPAD2 has now a little box around everything I tap. I have tried to reset it .It is not working the same thing occurs. I have it plugged inTo my MAC OSX and trying to back up but i am told i need to use passcode. Well I cannot get into my IPAD now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.