Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The fingerprint on my iPhone 5S never worked from the time I purchased.

I purchased the iPhone 5S from the ATT Store, Wilkes Barre Twnship, PA. The finger print did not work from the time of purchase. Sometimes it works and most of the time it does not work. I know how to add the finger print. Do I need to install an app to get the finger print to work. My friend has friends who also have the iPhone 5S and everyone is having the same issue. Is Apple pretending there is a finger print.

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 10:30 AM

6 replies

Mar 1, 2014 2:37 PM in response to Noreen Hetro

I did something I never thought would prevent me from unlocking the phone using the fingerprint. I washed my hands and discovered I was able to unlock the phone. I kept the phone because there is no way one would know the finger print didn't work when you buy from an ATT Store. You keep thinking it will work but needs more practice. As of right now the finger print works as long as my hands are clearn. I spoke to an Apple Tech, superviosr just now and he also suggested keeping the home button clean.

The fingerprint on my iPhone 5S never worked from the time I purchased.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.