Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot eject my ipod classic after sync with i-tunes on my pc. It states some of the files are being used by other applications. What does this mean? How can I get it to eject?

I cannot eject my new ipod classic after sync with i-tunes on my pc due, it states, to open files being used by another application. What does this mean? How can I get my ipod to eject?

iPod classic, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 10:39 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2014 2:02 PM in response to Derek Pearce

If it's a one-time "glitch," you can try restarting your computer with the iPod still connected. Try ejecting again after the restart.

If the problem recurs, you may have a process running (other than iTunes) that is accessing the iPod's storage. When connected, the iPod's "disk" is like other mounted volumes. This process may be some type of utility that continously monitors your mounted volumes for security reasons, such as to prevent access by malware.

If you know of such a program that you have running in the background, there may be a setting to exclude your iPod's disk.

I cannot eject my ipod classic after sync with i-tunes on my pc. It states some of the files are being used by other applications. What does this mean? How can I get it to eject?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.