Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

broken screen... cant type the password

broken screen...trying to back up data ...i need to unlock my phone...because the scree is broken ..i can't type the password... need help

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 11:15 AM

4 replies

Aug 4, 2015 1:25 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

What would be so difficult for apple to put out a product that can be logged into via the PC. We know our passcodes and the computer is obviously recognizing that the phones. Why cant a "phone passcode" prompt pop up on the screen. This would make it so much more user friendly and apple is supposed to be user friendly. Regardless the phone is broken and apple will make money when you buy a new one. Its also a shame that Genius Bar cant recover data at the apple retail stores. I went to one about a similar issue and the tech said 40% of the people only care to get the data off the phone since their previous week or two since their last backup. Silly if you have to backup nightly.

broken screen... cant type the password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.