Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad is not connecting to my wireless Logitech keyboard. The Bluetooth is turned on aelready.

I can not seem to get my Logitech wireless keyboard to want to connect to my iPad. My iPad's Bluetooth is turned on as well and the keyboards. Please help!

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2017 12:06 PM

I fought with my brand new iPad and Slim Folio for hours trying to pair them. I downloaded both manuals, read dozens of posts, and was ready to ship the whole sorry lot back. I have keyed in the code given on the iPad on the keyboard at least 30 times to no avail. As a last resort, I started playing with the keyboard: press the blue tooth key first, press it after the code, press and hold the blue tooth key, press the key with the keyboard icon, etc. etc. Finally, I keyed the code and pressed the enter key, and it paired up! I have paired up lots of devices, and I do not remember the last time I had to press Enter. If I have done it, I am sure the directions were clear: key in the code and press Enter. The Logitech directions, and I quote, were:

IfyouriPadrequestsaPIN,enterit using the keyboard

I was told to enter it on the Slim Folio, not on the iPad, clear enough. One would think that the geniuses at Logitech and Apple could have added a simple "followed by the Enter key" to their directions! And yes, following on an earlier post, the iPad continues endlessly to search for other devices, I only hope that the spinning wheel has a good tire on it!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2017 12:06 PM in response to DR2017

I fought with my brand new iPad and Slim Folio for hours trying to pair them. I downloaded both manuals, read dozens of posts, and was ready to ship the whole sorry lot back. I have keyed in the code given on the iPad on the keyboard at least 30 times to no avail. As a last resort, I started playing with the keyboard: press the blue tooth key first, press it after the code, press and hold the blue tooth key, press the key with the keyboard icon, etc. etc. Finally, I keyed the code and pressed the enter key, and it paired up! I have paired up lots of devices, and I do not remember the last time I had to press Enter. If I have done it, I am sure the directions were clear: key in the code and press Enter. The Logitech directions, and I quote, were:

IfyouriPadrequestsaPIN,enterit using the keyboard

I was told to enter it on the Slim Folio, not on the iPad, clear enough. One would think that the geniuses at Logitech and Apple could have added a simple "followed by the Enter key" to their directions! And yes, following on an earlier post, the iPad continues endlessly to search for other devices, I only hope that the spinning wheel has a good tire on it!

Mar 4, 2014 2:54 PM in response to DR2017

I had this problem too, and followed all of the unpair, turn off, turn on, yadda yadda yadda ideas without success. I followed Jason's instructions (links above) which did not address the problem: My iPad (4th Generation) would not recognize the Logitech keyboard since the last IOS upgrade, but did find some other devices in the neighbourhood. (They definitely aren't in my house!)

I removed all devices in General/Bluetooth. As the iPad searched for devices, I held the Bluetooth button on the side of the "Logitech Ultrathin KB Cover" down until the device was recognized and connected. It was around 20 seconds.

The iPad is still searching for devices (the circle is spinning) but the keyboard is working. Not sure how to stop it from continuing to search for devices in the area though!

Hope this works for you.

Nov 29, 2015 10:01 AM in response to DR2017

I have a 3rd generation IPAD updated to IOS 9. As soon as I updated the IOS the Ipad would no longer pair with my Logitech Solar Keyboard Folio even though it recognized it. I read through all the online posts and solutions and nothing worked. Finally, while the Bluetooth was searching for the device (after recognizing it) I simply tapped (with my finger) on the device name (Logitech Folio with the spinning icon to right) and it paired immediately. I don't recall having to so this with previous IOS versions. So far so good. The Bluetooth continues to search for other devices, but I will let it doe so.

My iPad is not connecting to my wireless Logitech keyboard. The Bluetooth is turned on aelready.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.