Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my updates have someone else's user ID?

I can access my App Store but, when I go to update my apps it asks me for a password on someone else's user ID. I have connected my phone on my friends laptop, and tried to send some files to my phone but it didn't even work???

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6, I can't update any of my apps

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 3:56 PM

The apps that are attempting to update were purchased by an alternate apple id. To update these specific apps you will need to login to your itunes and app store using these specified apple id. If you don't wish to update these specific apps you can always delete these apps and re-download apps using your apple id. Keep in mind when deleting the old apps this will then remove the historical data with the apps. If you need to keep the archived history of the apps you will then need to login to itunes with the app that originally downloaded the apps.

Good luck Friend.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2014 3:56 PM in response to Ash325

The apps that are attempting to update were purchased by an alternate apple id. To update these specific apps you will need to login to your itunes and app store using these specified apple id. If you don't wish to update these specific apps you can always delete these apps and re-download apps using your apple id. Keep in mind when deleting the old apps this will then remove the historical data with the apps. If you need to keep the archived history of the apps you will then need to login to itunes with the app that originally downloaded the apps.

Good luck Friend.

Why does my updates have someone else's user ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.