Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to retrieve Safari Bookmarks from Time Machine

Hi,

I'm running Mavericks 10.9.2 on my iMac 3.1GHz Intel Core i5.

After a recent software update, my Safari bookmarks disappeared. I then tried to go back using Time Machine to bring back an old copy of the Bookmarkst.plist from the Home>Library>Application Support>Safari folder, but the problem is that when I go back into Time Machine, the Library folder is invisible and I can't access it by pressing the ALT key.

I've enabled the Library to be visible using the Home>View options and I can view the Library folder in my current Home folder, but as soon as I go into Time Machine, it's hidden again and I can't seem to make it visible.

Any ideas on how to sort this issue out, and also as to why my Safari bookmarks s

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 5:07 PM

7 replies

Mar 1, 2014 6:00 PM in response to Nelson Lau

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it, then copy it to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C:

~/Library/Safari

Quit Safari.

Select

Go Go to Folder

from the Finder menu bar. Paste into the text box that opens (command-V), then press return.

A folder window should open. Restore the file named "Bookmarks.plist" in that folder from a backup that predates the unwanted changes.

Unable to retrieve Safari Bookmarks from Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.