Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes taking forever to sync to iP5?

I've noticed for a while now my iphone 5 takes forever to complete it's synching even when directly connected with lightening cable. Even with no new songs, apps or anything changing it can take up to 15 minutes for it complete it's 6 steps to synching. And when I do have new playlists I want added to my phone they don't transfer over from itunes to the phone on the first take. Sometimes it takes multiple sync's to finally upload the chosen playlists?

Anyone know what's going on & how I can fix this?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 7:40 PM

It could simply be iTunes, which can be buggy for no reason. It might also be backing-up, which can take a while. I also have trouble with playlist/music syncing. They are the quirks that come with using iTunes.

6 replies

Mar 1, 2014 7:44 PM in response to Finest.Royalty

I closed iTunes & re-opened it & noticed that it didn't help. It's just odd with this whole lightening cable & synching wirelessly it was supposed to make things faster & more convenient. Although before I had to actually sit at the computer to get things done it at least worked 99% of the time.

Well thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

iTunes taking forever to sync to iP5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.