Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

home button activating siri randomly

lately my home button will activate siri. it will be in a holster or my pocket or even just sitting on the table and all of a sudden ill here siri go on. i have taken the phone out of my otter box case thinking it is the problem and its not. i have seen on a few searches that this problem is a little more common than i thought. what should i do? i have seen apple replace iphones due to it being a hardware defect. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 7:44 PM

2 replies

May 24, 2014 9:04 PM in response to JeremyR3784

I have been having this same problem lately. I checked to see if "Raise to Speak" was on, but it wasn't so it's not that. It'll happen at any time, and usually I'm not even touching it or even in the same room as my phone. Its not the headphones because I haven't had any plugged in, and it's not any apps that are currently running...these are usually all the causes that I have been seeing for most questions, but it seems like our problem doesn't quite fit into that category! It's been doing that for two weeks now. Hoping for a solution soon! Maybe my phone is just getting old. How sad they don't seem to last long.

Aug 27, 2014 11:05 AM in response to JeremyR3784

I had this issue, very frustrating. I took to local store and had them replace the home button for $29, seems to have fixed problem. Apple support had me do clean restore and backup but that did not fix problem. The home button was still working but when it when crazy it was aweful. would render phone unusable. I would turn siri off and voice command would then randomly activate in its place. I didn't have any warranty and figured the $29 was better than the $279 swap out fee my local store wanted. I have watched videos on you tube as well on doing the replacement, can order the part and tools online and do it yourself if you want.

home button activating siri randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.