Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display issues

Bought one iPad mini retina in December and wound up having to return it due to image retention and washed out color issues with the display. Ultimately went through 2 others in-store that all had the same problem.

I'm looking to give it another try.

Is image retention/color gamut still an issue or has Apple fixed this?

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 10:12 PM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2014 1:15 PM in response to Texas Mac Man

After returning the first iPad mini due to pretty bad retention issues I wanted to make sure I was leaving with a good one. So, when I got the replacement I sat at one of the tables with a salesperson and tested it. Three iPads later we still didn't have one without retention. The store bashfully issued me a gift card. About two weeks later I returned and bought another. It looked good in the store. Unfortunately, I realized that its color was extrememly washed out, especially in the purple/pink colors. Since I work in photography and design this wasn't acceptible. So I returned the IPad and got another gift card. I've been hoping that after a few months they've been able to finally work this out. I'm traveling in California at the moment so thought I'd give it a try here. But the forums suggest that nothing has really changed?

Display issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.