Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPhone software update server could not be connected, and when I try to Check for updates or go to the iTunes Store it says that the Network Connections timed out. Help?

I'm trying to restore my iPhone 4, because it's disabled. But when I connect my iPhone when it's in recovery mode it loads then this message appears:

"The iPhone software update server could not be connected".

When I try to connect to the iTunes store it says:

"iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. The network connection timed out. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, then try again."

I can connect to the internet just fine, so I don't know what the problem is. Help? 😕😟

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 10:10 PM

7 replies

Mar 1, 2014 11:01 PM in response to kristineclmnt

Okay ... although it's not mentioned in the symptoms of the following document, LSP trouble can also sometimes cause both the messages you're getting. So perhaps try the following document:

Apple software on Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

(If there's a SpeedBit LSP showing up in Autoruns, it's usually best to just uninstall your SpeedBit Video Accelerator.)

The iPhone software update server could not be connected, and when I try to Check for updates or go to the iTunes Store it says that the Network Connections timed out. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.