Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 screen warranty

i had my iphone 5 screen replaced through apple 3 months ago and it cracked again the other day, can i get it fixed under warranty?

iPhone 5

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 9:46 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2014 10:47 PM in response to Jackson0909

If it cracked it's because you dropped it. Accidental damage is not covered under the warranty, only defects in manufacturing. You can get it replaced again, I'm sure, but you will most likely have to pay.

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/

This Warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports; (c) to damage caused by use with another product; (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the Apple Product outside Apple’s published guidelines; (f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (“AASP”); (g) to an Apple Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Apple; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Apple Product, or ℹ if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Apple Product.

iphone 5 screen warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.