Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

From Windows XP & iTunes to Windows 7 & iTunes

From Windows XP & iTunes to Windows 7 & iTunes w/iPod 160Gb Classic content problems.

hello

So, with the impending death of Windows XP, I'm helping my in-laws to upgrade their old Dell Dimension computer to Windows 7 HP(SP1)(32bit).

Thankfully they were more than willing to purchase a new HDD so we could preserve their XP install and simply install a clean Windows 7 setup onto the new drive, so if anything goes wrong, I can just change the drives and then they get XP back.

So, with that, I was able to backup their content and installed it to a folder on the new drive.

This of course includes their iTunes library that they have installed onto at least two different iPod devices (160Gb iPod Classic and a 3rd/4th Gen iPod Nano).

I was able to get the new install of iTunes (11.1.5.5) to import their content library and that seems to have worked just fine, all their content appears to play in iTunes just fine, but after we tried to sync some new music onto their Classic is when we started to have problems.

All the content on the iPod still shows up, and you can select any track, etc. but when you try to play something, nothing happens, there is no progress on the meter and the countdown/time remaining doesn't change.

:The iPod (and the content) worked fine prior to connecting/syncing to Win7.

:The content plays fine on the computer/iTunes.

:The computer hardware is the same.

:The "new" content, was only new to the iPod as it already existed in their Library from their XP install.

So, hopefully someone will have an idea as to what would cause this and how to fix it.

I know I can probably just have iTunes nuke the iPod and start from scratch, but I would rather not have to do that if at all possible.

thanks

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 10:38 PM

There are no replies.

From Windows XP & iTunes to Windows 7 & iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.