Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't unlock my ipad after I updating it to IOS7.0.6.

After updating, the ipad said I have to set a password for ICLOUD service. And I set 0329 twice. The detail i noticed was when I set it , the keyboard was the full model, which contains letters and numbers. And i just choose 4 numbers. After a while, I found that I cannot unlock my ipad!!! EVEN i tried the password 0329. And the password was asked in just number keyboard model. I tried many times. And finally, it asks me to connect to ITUNES. I did so, and I try to reinstall the IOS software, but I can't because it says i turn on the FIND MY IPHONE function. I can't do it unless i trun off the FIND MY IPHONE(IPAD). But I can't do it unless i unlock the ipad. So what I can do to unlock my ipad? I am sure i type the correct password, but obvirously, there is something wrong.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 11:32 PM

FORCE IPAD INTO RECOVERY MODE

1. Turn off iPad

2. Turn on computer and launch iTunes (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)

3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port

4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port.

DO NOT RELEASE BUTTON until you see picture of iTunes and plug

5. Release Home button.

ON COMPUTER

6. iTunes has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes.

7. Select "Restore iPad"...

Note:

1. Data will be lost if you do not have backup

2. If you did not do step 4 properly, start all over again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2014 11:32 PM in response to Athrun LI

FORCE IPAD INTO RECOVERY MODE

1. Turn off iPad

2. Turn on computer and launch iTunes (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)

3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port

4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port.

DO NOT RELEASE BUTTON until you see picture of iTunes and plug

5. Release Home button.

ON COMPUTER

6. iTunes has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes.

7. Select "Restore iPad"...

Note:

1. Data will be lost if you do not have backup

2. If you did not do step 4 properly, start all over again.

I can't unlock my ipad after I updating it to IOS7.0.6.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.