Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Safari and MS word auto-starting at login since installing OS 10.9.2

Hi there

My (mid 2012) MacBook Pro is having issues. Mail, Safari and Microsoft Word 2011 are all auto-starting every time I login or switch the computer on from restart (or from off) since installing OSX10.9.2 the day before yesterday. This is despite exiting the programs every time before I logoff or switchoff.

I haven't got any of these items selected as startup items in my login account, and I am the administrator. Go figure. I wasn't having this problem with 10.9.1

Anyone else having these issues? What could it be?

TIA

Yours sincerely - Mildly concerned

Pete

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), MSword 2011, Safari 7.0.2, Mail 7.2

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 12:04 AM

4 replies

Mar 6, 2014 7:18 PM in response to tubeswell

I got the problem solved with a little IT help from university

Under the Shutdown Menu Item in the Apple menu, I had accidentally checked the box for 'Reopen windows when logging back in" option.

I also found out that I had to remove Mail, Word and Safari from the myaccount login items (that is accessed from the 'Users and Groups' in the System Preferences window) even though the boxes for those items weren't checked. Go figure.

Mail Safari and MS word auto-starting at login since installing OS 10.9.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.