Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I find the garageband "Metropolis" synth preset?!

I brought a brand new Macbook Pro. Although I use Logic Pro to record, I noticed Garageband changed their instrument library. I was wondering how to get the old synthesizer presets. Specifically "Metropolis".

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 1:59 AM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2014 9:48 PM in response to shakinghandsmedia

We just got a new Mac OS X and GarageBand 10.0.1. One of the software instruments is slightly different and another one says: EXS24 instrument "HipHopKit.exs not found" every time I open the song. The track is there and makes noise but even when playing w/ all the synthesizer adjustments/EQ it's not even close. Can't I download the original sound from GarageBand 09' version 5.1?

Mar 16, 2014 1:22 AM in response to Be Simple

I don't remember, where these instruments have been installed in GarageBand '09, but in the older GarageBand '11 I am seeing the "Metropolis" in the Instrument Library in

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Track Settings/Software/Synth Pads/Metropolis.cst

The "HipHopKit" uses a different format

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Plug-In Settings/Drum Kits/Hip Hop Kit.pst

I don't know, if you can copy this version from your GarageBand '09 installation.

Where can I find the garageband "Metropolis" synth preset?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.