Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 11 stalls when I try to import cd album

Ok, I just bought a new cd of the old Nirvana Bleach album. I put it into my Apple external drive as I use a Mac Mini without built-in drive, and start the itunes import. The 1st track imports fine but when it gets to the 2nd track it stalls, the disk drive makes reading noises but it's not importing at all. Also, it won't let me eject the disk without Force Quitting itunes. I have tried this several times and same thing persists.

I tried the cd on my Xbox and it plays fine so nothing to do with scratches and it is a brand new cd, albeit of an old album.

I'm not an expert when it comes to files and software so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mac OS X (10.7.5), Apple External DVD

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 4:25 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2014 4:57 AM in response to returnofthemak

There are a big difference on how stable different disc-drives are.

I have expereinced my previous PC, a Dell laptop, having problems reading certain CDs. The same CDs are imported with my iMac with internal drive without any prolems.

Your external Apple drive, is a box with an internal drive. Perhaps that drive is not working too well. It might be more sensitive to dust that the drive in your XBox. Also have in mind that there is a difference in playing a CD and importing it.

When you import, do you use iTunes' automatic error control (I'm not sure exactly what it is called in english as I run a danish system)? If you don't, try to activate it. That is my best suggestion. As I said, my iMac has no problem importing CDs, but it was a problem on my previous PC.

Nice taste in music btw 😉

itunes 11 stalls when I try to import cd album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.