Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

so,i dropped my iPhone into the toilet and it won't turn on. i tried drying it with a hairdryer and plugged it into power.it only showed the apple logo and it's off again.how to erase the data in my old iphone? i'm using a new one. pls answer

so,i dropped my iPhone into the toilet and it won't turn on.it was still on when i got it out of the toilet, but then i tried drying it with a hairdryer and plugged it into power.it only showed the apple logo and it's off again.how to erase the data in my old iphone? i'm using a new one. pls answer

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 6:47 AM

4 replies

Mar 3, 2014 6:23 AM in response to gwendjyptr

Apple doesn't "fix" them. They replace them. IF there is still any data on it, the only way to really be rid of it is to physically destroy the phone.

The iPhone is not user servicable and there are no legitimate sources for iPhone parts. "fixing" it would require the replacement of virtually every component of the phone short of the case.

so,i dropped my iPhone into the toilet and it won't turn on. i tried drying it with a hairdryer and plugged it into power.it only showed the apple logo and it's off again.how to erase the data in my old iphone? i'm using a new one. pls answer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.