Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix this error message, "This page contains content of “application/x-shockwave” type. You do not have the plug-in required to view this content."

I downloaded a program for school. When I try to access the website information does not show up. I used their system to test to see if I had the appropriate plug-ins and software. I have downloaded all the requirements, which include Adobe Flash, Adobe Reader, Shockwave Player, Quicktime Player, Java. I am having issues with the Shockwave Player. When I go to test the plug-in I receive this message, "This page contains content of “application/x-shockwave” type. You do not have the plug-in required to view this content." I have uninstalled, reinstalled, checked my safari preferences, etc. I downloaded the new OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 thinking maybe this would help. But no that was not the case. I have been working on this issue for two days now and I am eager to find a solution.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 9:05 AM

5 replies

How to fix this error message, "This page contains content of “application/x-shockwave” type. You do not have the plug-in required to view this content."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.