Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advertisements in apps that open automatically?

So this morning I thought I accidentally clicked on an ad in the ask.fm app (it's a legit app) and the ad redirected to this app called "Game of War" in the appstore. I didn't download anything and I closed the appstore. Just to be sure, I reset my iPhone and restored it to an earlier backup. A few minutes ago I received a notification that I had a new ask, so I opened the ask.fm app to answer it. Without touching the advertisement banner (I'm more than 101% sure that I didn't touch it cause I opened the app and put my iPhone down on the chair beside me) the ad automatically redirected back to this "Game of War" app in the appstore. How is this possible?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 9:10 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2014 9:18 AM in response to skinandb0nes

http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/06/shady-app-install-ads-are-automatically-redirec ting-mobile-users-to-app-store-google-play/

I just found this article, apparently there are more people who encounter this problem with various apps and sites. I guess I will just delete the ask.fm app than, cause it's the only app I downloaded which has ads in it. Hopefully the devellopers of ask.fm will do something about this problem because it's annoying as poop.

Advertisements in apps that open automatically?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.