Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly Lost the Ability to get Exchange E-Mail while on WiFi

This morning I woke up to no email on both my iPhone and iPad which is very odd considering the business I am in. After a bit of trouble shooting I found the following:

I can receive GMail while on WiFi

I can surf the Web while on WiFi

I can send and receive iMssages while on WiFi

I can perform any action except receive my Exchange e-mail while on WiFi.

I can NOT send or receive exchange email while on WiFi but can if I turn WiFi off and was inindated with this mornings emails immediatley upon turning the WiFi off. (So I know it isn't a password issue or exchange). Being that my carrier's signal isn't all that strong where I live I depend on the WiFi to push emails and attachments.

NOTHING has changed on my WiFi. NOTHING has changed on either device. I have the latest iOD update (7.0.6) which apparently "fixed" security issues while on WiFi? Coincidence? Not sure since I did that update last week and had no issues until shortly after 1:00AM this morning.

I have hard reset both devices to no avail. I have rebooted my WiFi to no avail.

I think I have hit everything.....but I obviously do not know the inner workings of the latest update or if that has anything to do with this isse.

Thoughts?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.6, Also iPad 3rd gen

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 11:09 AM

4 replies

Mar 6, 2014 5:13 AM in response to MMacarilla

iOS: Troubleshooting Mail

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3899

1. Tap Safari and attempt to load a webpage (try any webpage). If you can load a webpage, then your device has Internet access. If you are unable to load a webpage, follow these troubleshooting steps.

Try to use an alternate Internet connection if available:

1. Try a different Wi-Fi connection
    2. If your iOS device has an active cellular data plan, tap Settings > Wi-Fiand turn off Wi-Fi.
    3. If the affected email account is provided by your Internet provider, see if your issue is resolved while connected to your home Wi-Fi network.*
  2. Log in to your email provider's website to ensure that the account is active and the password is correct.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. Delete the affected email account from your device.
    • Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    • Choose the affected email account, then tap Delete Account.
    • Add your account again.

Suddenly Lost the Ability to get Exchange E-Mail while on WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.