Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod (W/ Clickwheel) Is Frozen

My old iPod was in the middle of playing a song when it shut off (it was in a dock, so it cannot be dead). I tried to force it to "recovery mode" (whatever that is), but no matter what I do it continues to go back to the same screen.

The screen is the "charge" screen with the battery and a lightning bolt next to it.

I tried charging it, and I tried restarting it, but no matter WHAT I do it stays the same. This has happened to me before, but I'm not quite sure how I fixed it last time. If restoring the iPod to factory settings is required to fix it, I'm fine with that (but if there is a way to avoid it then please do tell).

iPod classic

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 11:31 AM

5 replies

Mar 2, 2014 11:51 AM in response to crazysocks122

Try a simple re-start.

Put the iPod on a table (it's easier to control it that way) and turn the Hold switch on, then off again. Press the Menu and the Select (centre) buttons together for at least ten seconds. At some point, the Apple logo should appear, which means the iPod is re-booting. It may take a few minutes to complete.

If this doesn't work first time, Apple recommend that you try this procedure at least three times before deciding that it will not work.

If it does work, your iPod should be ready to use.

What happens?

iPod (W/ Clickwheel) Is Frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.