Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro strange behaviour after dropping water on the keyboard

Hello,

I dropped some water on the keyboard of my Macbook pro (mid 2012 version).

I immediately turned it off and dried the water. After a couple of hours, the laptop turned on by itself. And it began an estrange cycle:

It turned itself on for a couple of seconds, and then it turned itself off. And then it turned on again, and off again. And it kept doing that. I didn't know how to stop it, so I just kept the power button pressed for 30 seconds or so, and it finally stopped turning on and off by itself.

After that, I decided to remove the lower case of the laptop and during 48 hours I left in open and I applied some warm air on the laptop. During that time the battery connector was unplugged.

After 48 hours I tried to start the computer, and the behaviour is the following:

1- Like three seconds after plugin the battery connector, and without pressing the power button, the laptop turns of by itself. Is that behaviour normal?

2- The grey screen with the apple appears and the "dong" sounds, but after 10 seconds or so, the laptop shuts down.

4- I tried resetting SMC and PRAM, but nothing changes.

5- I tried verbose mode, and the last row that I see is:

"AppleIntelCPUPowerManagmentClient: ready".

6- When I try other modes like target disk or hardware test, the computer does not shuts down, it remains on until I shut it down.

7- During the whole time the computer is on, the fans are working at full speed.

8- If I try to start the system in recovery mode, it also shuts it down after a couple of seconds running.

9- The light of the battery charger is always off.

10- I tried the hardware test, but after 10 or 15 minutes the progress bar seemed stuck. I was not sure if it was ok to keep the laptop on for such a long time in this conditions, so I switched it off.

So... any suggestions or ideas of what might be happening and how to solve it? I am not sure if this problem is because of the water or because of the way I switched it off when it kept switching on by itself... because it seems something related with the power managment.

I have already an appointment with at the Genius bar, but I have yet a couple of days until the date of the appointment.

Any help will be very much appreciated, thanks!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 11:41 AM

1 reply

Macbook Pro strange behaviour after dropping water on the keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.