Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have redeemptions in my account but when I go to download music the only options given are the purchase price or gift it. How do I apply the redemption?

I have redeemptions in my account but when I go to download music the only options given are the purchase price or gift it. How do I apply the redemption?

iPod classic

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 11:54 AM

7 replies

Mar 4, 2015 11:43 PM in response to ed2345

Sorry but recently i did not know that. I got a Itunes gift card for my birthday a while back. Recently I tried to buy a song on Itunes. I went to the Gift Card redemption page. Redeemed my gift card, I typed in the song i wanted to buy in the Itunes search window. I THEN pressed the "purchase price" and it brought me to another page that said "Edit Your Payment Information" AND it only let me select the following cards "Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Paypal, Or None. Then it says "Card #, ect". Below THAT it says "To Redeem a Card Click Here" So I click it and then it prompts me to enter the code on the back of my "Itunes" Gift card. So I do it; it THEN says "This Code Has Already Been Redeemed". It does not make sense. Keep in mind i have authorized my account. Help please

Apr 10, 2015 8:58 AM in response to benjamin8161

What do you see on the screen when trying to buy something, what messages do you get, and is this the first time that you've tried to buy something ? Asking for credit card details is a way of confirming that you have a valid billing address in that country - and unless you used the instructions on this page when creating the account then card details will be asked for before the account can be used to download anything : Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Suppor…

As long as you are buying content for yourself (i.e. you aren't trying to gift something) then your balance should automatically be used for the purchase (unless it doesn't cover the item's price plus any applicable taxes), and after entering your card's details you should be able to remove them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.