Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two apps are stalled after OS X installation in iMac. How can I get them to work?

Two apps are stalled after OSX installation. (1) Calandar is hung up and unresponsive "moving Calendar to server account". (2) Accessing the App Store brings up a blank screen. How do I address these problems?

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 12:54 PM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2014 2:27 PM in response to davez3

Welcome to the Discussions, First you need to go up to your Black Apple upper Left then Do a Software Update and then Restart the computer after the update. You need to continue to check and make sure your computer is always Up to Date. This is a very important feature that must be kept up to date, because Apple continues to not only update there software but makes tweeks to all of the features that may have a bug.

Cheers

Don

Mar 2, 2014 3:39 PM in response to davez3

Quit Calendar and also the Reminders application, if it's running. Force quit if necessary.

Back up all data.

In the iCloud preference pane, uncheck the boxes marked Calendars and Reminders. You'll be prompted to confirm that you want to delete your iCloud calendars and reminders from the computer. They'll still be on iCloud.

Relaunch Calendar and select

Calendar ▹ Preferences ▹ Accounts

Click the plus-sign button at the bottom of the account list on the left (which may now be empty) to add a new account. Select iCloud and enter your credentials. Your iCloud calendars should appear after a brief delay.

Do the same with Reminders.

Credit for this solution to ASC member melisolaris and others.

Two apps are stalled after OS X installation in iMac. How can I get them to work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.