Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari - Facebook: "There was a temporary error, please try again. Click to send again."

Hi all,

I have a macbook 15 (Late 2008) with 10.6.8 running + Safari 5.1.10 and I have experienced two problems with the Facebook chat:

1. Often (but I would say almost always) the chat window is cut below and I cannot visualize the box where to type my messages.

2. Today I have installed the FacebookVideoCalling_v1.6 to perform video calling, and what I am not able to send messages, but I always got the error: "There was a temporary error, please try again. Click to send again." Nevertheless, by following the suggestion to try later, does not solve the situation.

Does anyone experienced the same problem?

If it can be useful, I have some additional info. This the Java version I have:

java version "1.6.0_65"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-10M4609)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

And here is what I got under the menu "Developers" (the screenshot is in italian, but I guess it is easy to understand it. Some translation: Svluppo = Develop, Mostra = Show, Abilita = Enable, Disabilita = Disable)

User uploaded file

Any hint? Thanks! 🙂

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 1:20 PM

There are no replies.

Safari - Facebook: "There was a temporary error, please try again. Click to send again."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.