Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain applications will not open after restart or waking up from sleep

My Macbook Pro running 10.9.2 won't open certain applications after restarting and sometimes after waking up from sleep. Google Chrome, Logic Pro X, Adobe Photoshop and Premiere seem to be the only progams affected. Firefox and Safari both work fine as well as many other applications. It seems to only affect programs that connect to the internet.

After a period of time the issue will resolve itself; sometimes after a few minutes and other times after several days. Then, these applications suddenly begin working again. I have also been having issues with my computer's ability to wake up. My best guess is that my computer isn't "fully waking up" upon restarts or when coming out of sleep mode. Both of these issues began around the same time and could be related. I've had both problems for several months through multiple software updates.

As far as troubleshooting goes I have done the following:

Safe Boot - (all programs work but are not effective due to lack of drivers being utilized in safe mode)

RAM/PRAM reset.

Disk Utility/Repair Permissions/Verify Disk

Any help or advice would be VERY appareciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 3:06 PM

There are no replies.

Certain applications will not open after restart or waking up from sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.