Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an Ipad from a friend's friend that was moving to his home country, and when I tried to set up the ipad it won't let me because it says it is linked to an apple ID and that I need to enter the same apple ID but i donn't know it, what do i do?

So I bought an ipad from a friend's friend that was leaving to his home country but the ipad is linked to his account and I can't reach him to ask for the information that the ipad is asking so I was wondering if there is a way that I can reset the ipad without me having to enter his apple id and password.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.5

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 3:23 PM

2 replies

I bought an Ipad from a friend's friend that was moving to his home country, and when I tried to set up the ipad it won't let me because it says it is linked to an apple ID and that I need to enter the same apple ID but i donn't know it, what do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.