Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos made on iPhone don't sync back after transfer to PC

Videos don't sync to iPhone or iPad...I make a recording / video using my iPhone....then I sync iPhone to the PC, yet then the video doesn't sync back. How do I get the video back to the iPhone and also to the iPad?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 3:28 PM

11 replies

Mar 2, 2014 3:56 PM in response to Karinachki

When you are trying to sync video back to the iPhone from the computer, those videos have to be identified in the Movies section of iTunes. Then they would be accessed on the iPhone via the Videos app on the phone, not in the Photos app. With the phone connected and selected in iTunes, go to the Movies tab in iTunes, and select the video you are trying to sync to the phone. If you cannot see it there, then you need to add it to iTunes. Just importing them to the computer does not add them to iTunes. Just like importing photos does not add them to iTunes. But with photos, iTunes just acts as a funnel allowing you to select folders from the Photos tab and then syncing. Movies/videos requires you to add them to the iTunes library before you can sync.

Videos made on iPhone don't sync back after transfer to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.