Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3 months finance

I still don't understand how the 3 months finance works 😐. Can someone summarize it simply for me please ?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 3:40 PM

2 replies

Mar 3, 2014 5:26 AM in response to beboo700

The details are best explained by the finance company. Apple does not provide financing directly but partners with Barclays Bank Delaware in the US. Read http://store.apple.com/us/instant_credit. They also have other partners in countries other than the US.

I am not aware of any three month financing agreements, but in general how it works is that you can walk out of an Apple Store with a brand new Apple product without paying a dime, as long as your credit is such that you qualify for financing. Qualification is performed online with an Apple sales associate using an iPhone. It might take all of thirty seconds.

There is a deferred payment offer valid for an initial purchase only. Subsequent purchases using Barclay's financing are not eligible for that offer. The offer is such that if you satisfy the loan within the interest deferral period the interest charged to you will be a grand total of $0. In other words you can purchase a brand new Apple product using other people's money and none of yours, but if you don't want to pay for the money you borrow you must satisfy the loan in full within the deferred payment period.

If there is any remaining balance after the expiration of the loan period, even a dollar, the full interest rate is assessed all the way back to the purchase date. The interest rate can vary but at present it can broadly be characterized as ginormous. If you're smart, take advantage of free money whenever you can. Let other people pay for theirs.

3 months finance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.