Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 1,1: Boot Camp will only load if I disconnect osX and time machine HD

System information

Mac Pro 1,1

ATI Radeon 5700 (Firmware modified, not true Mac graphics card)

11gb

HD

1 - 120gb SSD - Mac Os X

2 - 160gb - Windows 7

3 - 3tb - Time Machine/Backup

4 - 1tb - misc

Before I use to have Bootcamp on the same HD as Mac OS X before purchasing SSD. I am able to install Bootcamp easily as long as the HD # 1 and #3 (See list above) are disconnected due to error on Windows 7 installation process.

I got Windows 7 working fine and updated. When I boot to Mac OS the start up preference and Alt boot option doesnt recognize Boot Camp is there. Only way to get Windows to load is disconnecting HD #1 and #3.

I was thinking of using rEFIT (boot loader app) but read it no longer being supported to give that a test.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I never had any problems in my previous set ups for Bootcamp but then again all previous experiences, both operating systems were on the same hard drive, only detail that makes this setup different from past experiences.

Thank you

R

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 5:10 PM

There are no replies.

Mac Pro 1,1: Boot Camp will only load if I disconnect osX and time machine HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.