Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp cannot install WIN8.1 PLS help

Hello all,

I have a mid 2012 retina macbook pro. I had windows 8.1 on it, but recently decided to just refomat the partion and reinstall windows because of reasons. So i wiped and restored the partition with bootcamp and then i setup up the usb with bootcamp with my win 8.1 iso. Everything was fine until the installer showed up and i had to pick and format the "BOOTCAMP" partition. it gives me the " cant format because of MBR format" or something like that saying that the drive has to be GTP or something. I have tried converting to GTP format but it wipes everyting from my comp including MACOSX (lost everything 😟 it was quite painful) , i have also tried the disk utitlity partion technique and still the same problem. i have also tried to use the command promt in the windows installer to force format the partition to NTFS and it still doesnt work 😟..... At this rate im running out of options and i need the windows side for school and my job. SO PLS i beg of you community, please help me. This is my first time on the forums, and any info would be helpful.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), BOOTCAMP PROBLEM?

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 5:25 PM

5 replies

Bootcamp cannot install WIN8.1 PLS help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.