Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contains unsupported video Could not detect ftyp

When submitting my ebook I recieved the following error:

ERROR ITMS-9000: "Song_of_Shambhala_The_remnants-preview.ibooks: Book contains unsupported video Song_of_Shambhala_The_remnants-preview.ibooks:/OPS/assets/images/the_black_knig ht_by_theflickerees-d4ncx7h.jpg. Could not detect ftyp. Please make sure you are using the latest version of iBooks Author." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

How do I go about knowing what to fix and how to do it?

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 5:22 PM

9 replies

Mar 2, 2014 6:37 PM in response to SongofShambhala

One thing is obvious and specified in the error message:

Please make sure you are using the latest version of iBooks Author.

Second, it seems to think a JPEG file is a movie. I'd delete the referenced element from the project, save the project, and recreate the image or video object, ensuring the object type matches the asset, i.e. image for image, or video for video.

Mar 2, 2014 7:05 PM in response to SongofShambhala

Do the file nammes mentioned mean anything to you?

Is this your book title? = Song_of_Shambhala_The_remnants-preview.ibooks

contains unsupported video Song_of_Shambhala_The_remnants-preview.ibooks:

This appears to be your preview book which appears to have an unsupported video file. Check the asset guide or teh media section of the help files. for the correct format.

Did you add an image with this name? =the_black_knig ht_by_theflickerees-d4ncx7h.jpg.

Mar 3, 2014 3:34 PM in response to SongofShambhala

Adding video to your iBooks (link copied from another thread):

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5065

.ibooks (and ePub) files are just ZIP files with a different name. Use your favorite unzipper to get at the components.

As I pointed out in my original post, the upload validator thinks the cited JPEG file is being used as a video file. Find all the places that image is being used, and you should be able to figure out what's wrong.

Mar 4, 2014 1:06 AM in response to SongofShambhala

You appear to have two invalid files. the video and the .jpg.

Look in iBooksAuthor Help files, graphics and media or open your iTunesConnect >Deliver your Content, there on the top right of page you see a number of PDFs to download...including the Asset guide.

I suggest to delete the video and .jpg from your book. The image can be Maximum of size 2048 x 1536 change for portrait, or 1024 x 748 or sizes below either to suit your layout.

Your video file is the wrong format and needs converting. The asset guide and the help files will show you what is acceptable. If you have no converters, Google - Miro ... downloads on a 14 day trial!

There is little point in opening / unzipping your .iba file if you do not feel comfortable, but you do not need an " unzipper". If you want to investigate book the file contents, first duplicate your book save it as Test or whatever.

Change the suffix from .iba to .zip and confirm.

Your priority is to check out the two invalid files..and make changes.

contains unsupported video Could not detect ftyp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.