Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Option to Stream From Cloud Once TV Shows Removed

Hi there. I was trying to free up space on my Mac, so I deleted several seasons of the show Weeds expecting to then have the option to stream these episodes from the cloud service (which I can do with all of my other purchases).

However after removing them, any trace of Weeds in my itunes is now gone. I'm worried if I delete them altogether from my computer, the option to stream will never appear and I'll lose access to my purchased media. Is there a view or option I need to enable? Several other shows I have purchased but not downloaded are available to stream. Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 10:12 PM

It's possible the items have been hidden in your purchase history. Check and see and if necessary unhide them: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4919.

If the items are no longer in your purchase history then they are no longer avaiable for re-download from the iTunes Store or streaming from the cloud.

6 replies

Mar 3, 2014 5:53 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

Thanks for the information. I have checked that list and the TV show Weeds is not in my list of purchased, even though I purchased them from the store. Is that because that particular show is unavailable for streaming? I don't want to lose access to them, as I legally purchased them, and simply wish to have the option to download them again, as with the rest of my shows.

Mar 3, 2014 7:15 AM in response to SamWood

If the show is not in your list of past purchases and it is not hidden, then it is no longer available for you to download and this is the reason why it is not avaible for streaming. Do not delete the files or you will lose them and not be able to recover them from the iTunes Store.

The iTunes in the Cloud service is not a backup service and should not be relied upon to be one. It is your responsibitlity to backup all of your personal data, including items you buy from the iTunes Store. Do not depend on 3rd parties to keep your data safe.

Mar 3, 2014 7:27 AM in response to SamWood

SamWood wrote:

Thanks for the information. I have checked that list and the TV show Weeds is not in my list of purchased, even though I purchased them from the store. Is that because that particular show is unavailable for streaming? I don't want to lose access to them, as I legally purchased them, and simply wish to have the option to download them again, as with the rest of my shows.

Did you use a differnt AppleID to purchase these shows?

View your iTunes purchase history -> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2727

FYI: You should always backup your purchases.

If the content provider no longer makes these shows available via iTunes (for any reason), you will not be able to redownload them.

Mar 3, 2014 10:58 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

I never stated anything of the sort, and of course I don't rely on 3rd party storage. What I ASKED was if there was something I was doing wrong as all of my other shows offer the streaming service, except for the series I just removed. I never assumed it would back up anything and never stated that, I am talking about cloud streaming access of my purchases.

No Option to Stream From Cloud Once TV Shows Removed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.