Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have updated to Keynote 6.1, but I still have 5.3 and I cannot open the file I just created in 6.1.

I have updated to Keynote 6.1, my App Store says I did it 2/1/14, I just created a new slideshow in 6.1 tonight, saved it all the way through while creating it, and when finished, saved it one more time, and closed the file. I treid to open it again, but I get an error message stating I need a newer version of Keynote to open the presentation. I check the "About Keynote", and apparently I still have 5.3 and I cannot open the file I just created in 6.1. I try changing the file to open with 5.3, but it won't do that either! The App Store won't let me re-download it. How do I get 6.1 back??? I need to reopen the file I just created.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), iMac

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 7:48 PM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2014 8:21 PM in response to 5Penny

I am finding that when I launch keynote from the Docking Station and it opens Keynote 5.3, so I command Q and close it. I then go to Finder, go to the Keynote slideshow I created in 6.1 and now cannot open, and CAN open the slideshow from Finder, which it actually open the file in Keynote 6.1.

I emptied my Trash.

What the heck is up with this???? And how do I fix it??

I have updated to Keynote 6.1, but I still have 5.3 and I cannot open the file I just created in 6.1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.